The JN GSA Grant program was created to honor Jerry Newberry and supports projects and presentations that promote understanding of and respect for LGBTQ+ persons; and supports LGBTQ+ awareness and acceptance in public schools.
The grant is to be used directly with students. Special consideration will be given to projects that recognize, promote, and celebrate ethnic diversity and other diversity among LGBTQ+ youth. Grants are awarded up to the amount of $500.
Applications are expected to address the intersectionality of LGBTQ issues and racial/social justice through one or more of the following:
• Increases safety for LGBTQ+ students and faculty.
• Increases involvement of LGBTQ+ students of color.
• Promotes collaboration with straight allies.
• Increases awareness and understanding of gender identity.
• Increases awareness and understanding of the LGBTQ+ community.
The grant cannot be used for individual/group release time or stipends.
Autonomous groups, Service Center Councils, UniServs, Affiliate/NEA Caucuses, and Active NEA-LGBTQ+ Steering Committee Members are not eligible.
Please complete an application to be considered for the NEA-LGBTQ+ Caucus Jerry Newberry GSA Grant. APPLICATION IS DUE JANUARY 6, 2023.